Important June 2018 Calendar Information
Tuesday, June 5th – No classes for Grades 9-12 (students need to report only if they have a scheduled final or Regents exam; see below for schedule)
**Monday, June 11th, is a full day of student attendance for Grades 6-12. It was incorrectly printed as an “early dismissal day” in the calendars that were distributed at the beginning of the school year. Therefore, students at CDMS/HS are expected to report on Monday, June 11th. It is the last full day of student attendance. Finals and NYS Regents exams will begin on Tuesday, June 12th.
Tuesday, June 12-Thursday, June 21 – No classes for Grades 9-12 (students need to report only if they have a scheduled final or Regents exam; see below for schedule)
Final exams and New York State Regents exams begin on Tuesday, June 5, 2018. See the full schedule below or click here to download the schedule (PDF). Important information about transportation durin exam weeks is also written below.
Please note the following about transportation during exam/Regents weeks:
- 7:30 a.m. - drop off to school
- 11:45 a.m. - transport home only **no pick-up**
- 3:30 p.m. - transport home
There is no transportation to the school at 11:15 a.m. If a student has an afternoon exam, they must take the bus in the morning or be dropped off with their own transportation.
Transportation to Questar will be available per program needs.
Upon arrival, all students should report to the cafeteria. No students will be allowed in exam areas unless supervised. No phones or back-packs will be allowed in exam areas.
Students should only be in school if they have an exam or a scheduled review with a teacher. For review sessions, teachers will meet students in the front entrance or cafeteria.
**If a student misses a final exam, they will not be able to re-take the exam unless the faculty committee approves. Please see the guidelines below for information on illness or emergencies that might come up and the procedure to follow. Students cannot change exam days for vacations, jobs, etc. **
This policy is also enforced for finals exams during school days.
Regents exams cannot be made up. They will have to be taken on the next date set by the New York State Education Department.
Examination Guidelines for Parents and Students
- Final and Regents exams are vital educational assessments at Cairo Durham High School. Please encourage your child(ren) to prepare for the exams in order to achieve the best grade possible.
- Students are expected to be present and on time for all scheduled exams. This includes exams during regular school days which may include speaking and presentation components. Please check with your teacher during regular school days for final exam schedules. During exam days, students must be in attendance for their scheduled exams. Please schedule family vacations when school is not in session.
- It is the responsibility of the student to bring any necessary testing materials (i.e., writing implement, calculator) for the exam. Electronic devices, coats, purses and backpacks are prohibited in the testing area. Valuables should be left at home. Any items left outside the testing area, such as cell phones, are not the responsibility of the school.
- Students who arrive late to an examination must report in by a minimum late time or they will not be allowed into the test room. Students who arrive late must complete the exam by the scheduled end time.
- Students must remain in the assigned testing area until the minimum dismissal time, and then will report to designated waiting areas.
- Exams that are not listed on the schedule are being conducted in class prior to the testing dates. Students should see their teacher for further details. The regulations apply to these exams as well.
Failure to attend an exam results in a zero, except in the following two cases:
- Before the exam, a parent notifies the CDHS main office concerning the student’s illness and produces a doctor’s note verifying the medical situation
- Before the exam, a parent notifies the CDHS main office concerning the student’s illness or family emergency, and appeals the situation to a faculty committee which will determine, based on extraordinary circumstances, whether the exam be be made up.
- If either of these two conditions are met, the students will arrange with the teacher a time to take a make-up exam as soon as possible. Regents exams, if missed, cannot be taken until the next administration date scheduled by the NYS Education Department.
Click here to download these guidelines as PDF. If you need to contact the High School Office main office, call 518-622-8543.