February 2, 2018 -- Cairo-Durham CSD recently upgraded its notification system for its automated calls/texts. If you did not receive a text message from 67587, asking you to reply for "Cairo-Durham Central School District alerts," and you would like to receive text notifications from the school district, follow these "opt-in" instructions:
- Use the cell phone you wish to receive text messages on and enter the short code 67587 in place of the phone number in the “To” field.
- Enter the word "Yes" or the letter “Y” (no quotation marks) in the message box. Send this message.
You should receive a confirmation text from School Messenger that you successfully subscribed to texts. If you do not receive a confirmation text, please contact your school’s main office to ensure we have the correct phone number on file:
- High School Office: 518-622-8543
- Middle School Office: 518-622-0490
- Elementary School Office: 518-622-3231
If you recently updated your contact information, please allow 24-48 hours before trying to subscribe again so that the system has time to update and reflect new changes. For answers to Frequently Asked Questions (such as signing up, opting out, or the meaning of error messages), download this 2-page PDF.
Continue reading below for additional details about school notifications.
There are many ways to stay informed about things happening at Cairo-Durham CSD. You can read our website, follow our Facebook page, and receive notifications by phone, email, and/or text message. Please feel free to sign up for as many or as few options as you'd like.
(Please read our Guidelines for Commenting before leaving comments on our Facebook page.)
- Phone Alerts - Get timely phone call notifications on your home phone and/or cell phone. (Note: You will automatically receive phone alerts if your phone number is updated in SchoolTool. You can unsubscribe at any time.)
- Email Alerts - Get updates by email on your computer, cell phone or tablet. (Note: You will automatically receive email alerts if your email address is updated in SchoolTool. You can unsubscribe at any time.)
- Text Message Alerts - Get timely notifications by text messages on your cell phone. (Note: You must "opt in" or subscribe to receive text message notifications. Click here to learn how to sign up for text alerts. If you wish to stop receiving text messages, you can unsubscribe at any time.)
There are several potential reasons you may receive phone calls and/or text messages from the school, including:
- Emergency delays and closings (such as weather closures)
- Reminders of important dates and events
- Early dismissals
- Attendance/unexcused absences
- Suspicious individuals or activities on or near school grounds
Click here to learn how to sign up for and/or unsubscribe from notifications.
Note: In order to receive the above notifications, your contact information must be entered in SchoolTool (the district's student information management system). This is often restricted to parents, guardians and approved contacts. Contact the appropriate school's main office to update your contact information.
Please read our Guidelines for Commenting before leaving comments on our Facebook page.
Facebook Page - Get all the announcements from the website and more in your Facebook news feed. Updates appear several times each week, and you can even set your "News Feed Preferences" to prioritize posts made by Cairo-Durham CSD so you do not miss any news (learn how here). If you use Facebook regularly, this may be the easiest way to know what is happening.
(Note: This method is not as quick as the others. For weather-related closings or delays, we recommend using text alerts instead.)
Twitter - We also maintain a presence on Twitter. You can follow any of these accounts:
- @CairoDurham (District)
- @CairoDurhamHigh (High School)
- @CairoDurhamMS (Middle School)
- @CDElementary (Elementary School)
- @AthleticsCD (Cairo-Durham Sports)
Want to get our tweets but don't want to create your own Twitter account? Follow these instructions to receive our tweets as text messages to your phone!
Grades (and more)
- SchoolTool - If your students are in Grades 6 through 12, you can look up their homework, grades, attendance, missing assignments and more. It even has an option to receive daily or weekly updates by email, if you prefer.
Sign Up for eNews
- Click here to sign up for our quarterly eNews. Get news about events, achievements, changes in the district, and more, delivered right to your inbox!